Step into the wonderful math garden
Source: Organized by Olympics.com 2011-10-12 15:04:40
Brief introduction of Beauty Cup
Founded in 2003 (the first session has no written test, just an event), it has now been held for 5 sessions. As a rising star in the math competition, "beauty", with its novel examination format and higher competition The difficulty has developed very quickly, and in recent years has attracted widespread attention in the selection of key middle schools. Objectively speaking, the first and second prizes for "beauty" have a great effect on Xiao Shengchu, and the third prize has little effect. "Going to the beautiful cup" is short for "walking into the wonderful mathematical garden".
"Into the Wonderful Mathematical Garden" China Youth Math Forum is a brand activity of innovative quality education of the Chinese Academy of Youth Sciences. In 2002, the first Chinese Junior Mathematics Forum "Into the Wonderful Mathematical Garden" was successfully held by the Organizing Committee of the International Mathematician Conference, the Chinese Mathematical Society, the Chinese Education Society, and the Chinese Academy of Juvenile Sciences. Nearly 300,000 people in multiple cities participated in this activity, which has made a huge impact on young people across the country.
"Into the Wonderful Mathematical Garden" The Chinese Youth Math Forum is a comprehensive mathematical activity for students from the third grade to the second grade. Through a series of rich activities such as "Fun Mathematical Problem Solving Skills Demonstration", "Mathematics Modeling Mini Thesis Defense", "Mathematics Puzzle Game", "Group Contest" and other activities to improve the mathematical modeling consciousness and mathematical application ability of primary and middle school students , Train them a correct way of thinking. The famous mathematician Mr. Chen Shengshen wrote the inscriptions "Fun Math" and "Walk into the wonderful mathematical garden" for the students twice, which greatly inspired the enthusiasm and confidence of the young people to climb the peak of mathematics, and made the students consciously become the masters of learning. The transformation from "learning mathematics" to "using mathematics" has further promoted the spread and popularization of China's mathematical culture.
The "Beauty" event has been held for seven consecutive years, with nearly 300,000 young people actively participating and having achieved good social results, and has been written into the "Outline of the Young Pioneer Counselors' Work (Trial)" of the National Youth Work Commission, which is promoted to children nationwide.
Target audience: students in grades three to two of junior high school across the country
Total score calculation: total score = written test score x70% + math papers x30%
Written test winning rate: 5% for first prize, 10% for second prize, 15% for third prize.
Written test time: mid-March, early March each year.
Registration deadline: end of December each year.
▲ Fun mathematical problem solving skills display
▲ An excellent defense in mathematical modeling thesis
▲ Math puzzle games (individual, team)
▲ Math Discovery Tour
▲ Team Match
Take the 6th US Beauty Cup as an example (each session is roughly carried out according to this process)
1. The National Organizing Committee issued a notice, and the local organizing committees began to organize work.
2. Students register at the local organizing committee and fill out the "Enrollment Form"
3.The organizing committees of all regions will summarize the list of registered students to the national organizing committee.
4. The 6th National "Entering the Wonderful Math Garden" Demonstration of Fun Math Problem Solving (National Unified Written Examination)
5. Students write small papers on mathematical modeling
6. The National Organizing Committee announced the list of winners of the preliminary competition and issued award certificates.
7. Winners of the first, second and third prizes of the preliminary round are eligible to sign up for the summer mathematical exchange activities at Cambridge University in the UK.
8. Submit small papers on mathematical modeling in accordance with the requirements of the organizing committee
9. The list of students who participated in the National General Forum was reported by the organizing committees in various places.
10. National General Forum and commendation activities
The core idea of "beauty":
▲ Mathematics is fun; Mathematics is not a simple, boring number. The clever combination of numbers and various logical relationships constitute a mysterious, interesting, and fun world. Our goal is to guide children into this fun world as early as possible, to cultivate children's interest in learning mathematics, and to benefit children for life, because interest is the best teacher.
▲ The Beauty of Mathematics; Discovering "The Beauty of Mathematics" is the purpose of the activity "Entering the Wonderful Mathematical Garden". Mathematics is beautiful, beautiful because of "mystery", beautiful because of "simplicity", and beautiful because of "simpleness". (1) Conciseness and abstract beauty of mathematics: The concise beauty of mathematics is not that the content of exponentials itself is simple, but the expression of exponentials, the method of mathematical proof, and the structure of mathematical theoretical system. The formula C = 2πR is one example. The perfect figure in geometry, the circle, contains an extremely simple and harmonious relationship between the perimeter and the radius. A legendary number "π" tightly connects them.
(2) The beauty of composition and composition in mathematics. The preliminary knowledge of geometry is an important content of elementary school mathematics. It includes straight lines, line segments, rays, angles, rectangles, squares, circles, parallelograms, trapezoids, cuboids, cubes, and the recognition and drawing of balls. The simplicity and complexity of each have their own unique beauty. For example: straight lines are stiff and powerful, curves are light and smooth, triangles have the beauty of change, isosceles triangles, isosceles trapezoids, rectangles, circles, and other geometric shapes, and squares are smooth and square. The purpose of the "Going Beauty" activity is to guide students to feel their beauty in the process of recognizing and mastering various graphics.
(3) The beauty of mathematical methods. Through a series of projects such as "Fun Mathematical Problem Solving Skills Show", "Mathematics Puzzle Game Competition", and "Mathematics Discovery Journey", the activity guides children to discover that the method of learning mathematics is beautiful. At the same time, through the "Group Contest", children can feel the power of the team and experience the importance of "collective", "unity" and "collaboration", so as to cultivate children's sense of social responsibility and collective honor.
▲ Mathematics is useful. If language is a tool of thinking, then mathematics is undoubtedly a method of thinking. Mathematics is everywhere in life. Guiding children to discover the laws of mathematics in life and learn to apply mathematical methods to solve problems in life is the core goal of the "beauty walking" activity, and it is also different from other sports. Mathematical modeling is set up for this purpose and characteristic.
Mathematical modeling is the process of describing actual phenomena and analyzing and solving practical problems with mathematical language. It is a mathematical simplification of actual things. It is a mathematical language to describe things or problems. The characteristics of mathematics are not only the abstractness of concepts, the rigor of logic, the clarity of conclusions, and the integrity of the system, but also the wide application of it. Since the 20th century, with the rapid development of science and technology and the increasing popularity of computers , People's requirements for various problems are becoming more and more precise, making the application of mathematics more and more extensive and in-depth, especially the globalization of economic development and the rapid development of computer applications. The continuous expansion of mathematical theory and methods has made mathematics a contemporary An important part of high technology and a think tank, mathematics has become a technology that can be universally implemented. Cultivating students' awareness and ability in applied mathematics has become an important aspect of mathematics teaching.
Through the "mathematics paper modeling mini-essay contest", the majority of young people are guided, of course, from the reality of life, to develop the habit of observing life with mathematical thinking methods, and continuously improve their life observation ability, thinking innovation ability, information induction ability, practical application Ability, etc., to benefit children for life.
The ultimate purpose of "beauty"
-Promote the spread and popularization of mathematics culture, so that young people can have "the number in their hearts" as early as possible. Mathematics, as a cultural phenomenon, has long been common sense. Historically, celebrities of ancient Greece and the Renaissance were often themselves mathematicians. The most famous are Plato and Da Vinci. More recently, celebrities such as Einstein, Hilbert, Russell, and von Neumann were also founders of the 20th century mathematical civilization. However, to this day, there are still quite a few people who do not have a sense of mathematical culture. Instead, mathematics is regarded as a compulsory and compulsory subject, and even children are immersed in difficult, weird, and partial problems. This way can only be that children gradually get tired of mathematics and never lose their confidence in learning mathematics. The purpose of "beauty" is to spread a good mathematical culture among young people and even the whole society. Organize and launch this event more widely than one session, through "Fun Mathematical Problem Solving Show", "Mathematics Puzzle Game Competition", "Mathematics Discovery Journey", "Mathematics Modeling Thesis Defense", and " A series of contents such as the "Mathematics Exchange Activities at Cambridge University" enables children to appreciate the connotation of mathematics, including observing reality from a mathematical point of view, constructing mathematical models, learning the language, diagrams, and symbolic representation of mathematics, and conducting mathematical exchanges. Through rational thinking, cultivate rigorous qualities, pursue the spirit of innovation, and appreciate the beauty of mathematics. Thus truly understand the basic idea of the new national mathematics curriculum: everyone learns valuable mathematics, everyone can get the necessary mathematics, and different people get different developments in mathematics; mathematics is essential for people's life, labor and learning Mathematics is the foundation of all major technological developments, and mathematics is a culture.
Welcome to visit glassborobowlnj.com. You can also query primary school test question bank, primary school resource bank, primary school news, key middle school, family education information, etc. through mobile devices such as mobile phones and other mobile devices. >> [click to view]
- "The Garden" in the second grade mathematics of Beijing Normal University
- 2017 Mathematics Garden Exploration (Yingchun Cup) Online Junior High School
- 2017 Mathematical Garden Exploration (Yingchun Cup)
- Into the wonderful math garden competition
- About walking into the wonderful math garden contest
- The first grade math practice in primary school
- The ninth “Walking into the Wonderful Math Garden” won the Shanghai Division
- Ninth "Entering the Wonderful Math Garden" Registration Notice
- The 8th "Into the Wonderful Mathematical Garden" Trial Competition Finalist
- "Entering the Kingdom of Mathematics" Large-scale Public Welfare Lecture Series 1
- Examination papers and answers for the first entry into the Math Kingdom Invitational
- Explanatory Notes for the Online Course "Entering the Math Kingdom Contest"
- 2008 into the Kingdom of Mathematics Invitational final questions
- The First National Unified Examination of the 6th "Into the Wonderful Mathematical Garden"
- The sixth session of the fifth grade finals into the wonderful mathematical garden
- The sixth session of the fifth grade finals into the wonderful mathematical garden
- Sixth year into the wonderful mathematics garden fourth grade final exam questions
- The sixth year into the wonderful math garden third grade final exam questions
- Questions and answers for the fifth grade entering the wonderful math garden
- The fifth session of entering the wonderful mathematics garden fifth grade test questions and answers
- The fifth session of entering the wonderful mathematics garden sixth grade test questions and answers
- The fourth year into the wonderful mathematics garden third grade test questions and answers
- The fourth session of entering the wonderful mathematics garden fourth grade test questions and answers
- The fourth session of the fifth grade walk into the wonderful mathematical garden and answers
- The fourth session of entering the wonderful mathematics garden sixth grade test questions and answers
- The third session into the wonderful mathematics garden fourth grade test questions and answers
- The third session into the wonderful mathematics garden fifth grade test questions and answers
- The third session into the wonderful mathematics garden sixth grade test questions and answers
- Entering the Math Kingdom
- Take you into the magical math kingdom chapter 4